That’s Heart Eyeshadow & Blush Palette – Review, Photos & Swatches
That’s Heart (or Heart Defensor) is another Filipina beauty guru. She’s so fun to watch, she’s very girly and she can speak fluent tagalog even though she lives in the States (I know, totally random fact, lol). I really like her because she’s so bubbly and she LOVES PINK! Anyway, she also collaborated with BH Cosmetics and she came out with her very own eyeshadow and blush palette last year.
Product Descriptions/Claims according to BH Cosmetics
Famed Beauty Guru, ThatsHeart, hand-picked these sweet and romantic shades to create this limited edition That’s Heart Eyeshadow and Blush Palette. Feminine and fun, the collection includes 8 eyeshadows, a blush, bronzer and a highlighter in soft pops of color.
Similar to the Lorac Pro and the It’s Judy Time‘s packaging, this palette also comes in a slim cardboard packaging. It’s not the smallest palette, but it’s still travel friendly due to the fact that it already contains your eyeshadow, blush, bronzer and your highlighter. Oh, and of course, it’s PINK! It has the cutest cover design and if you’re such a girl like me, the packaging alone is going to make you want to get it. It also comes with a heart-shaped mirror which basically completes the entire cutesy packaging.
This palette is composed of 8 eyeshadow colors, 1 blush, 1 bronzer & 1 highlighter. Heart created a beautiful neutral eye makeup look with a pop of color and I can’t wait to try it one of these days. This palette contains 5 neutral shades and 3pop of colors, 1 vibrant blush, a slightly shimmery bronzer & a beautiful highlighter which makes this an excellent all in one palette.
• First row contains all of the colorful shades, along with the beautiful champagne shade
• Second row contains all of the neutral shades
• All of these eyeshadows have a shimmery finish except the black one
• The black one is more of a semi-matte.
• The dark blue shade doesn’t have that rich color payoff
• The teal shade in the first row is beautiful and has a nice color payoff
• The pink shade is not as pigmented
• All of the other shades are really pigmented and they offer a good color payoff especially the neutral shades
• This eyeshadow palette does not contain any matte shade
• The blush is a beautiful vibrant pink that gives you this gorgeous pop of color. It’s not as intimidating as it looks like in the pan
• It’s nicely pigmented and has a good color payoff
BRONZER & HIGHLIGHTER
• Bronzer has a bit of a shimmer/sheen into it but does not show up when you apply it
• Bronzer has a warmer tone, so it’s not really for harsh contouring
• Highlighter is gorgeous. It gives such a nice glow on your face
• Highlighter is also very pigmented and can also be used under your browbone & inner tear duct area
What I realize about this palette is that even though most of the eyeshadow shades are decently pigmented, they are not the creamiest. Don’t get me wrong, though. I like the eyeshadows in this palette, but they’re not as emollient. Especially the colorful ones. I don’t know it might just be me. They’re very easy to apply, though. They’re very buildable and they’re very easy to blend as well. They’re not powdery nor chalky, nor did I enounter any fall-outs.
This blush glides so smoothly and it’s very buildable. It doesn’t appear as intimidating as it looks like on the pan.
The bronzer is the most deceitful item in this product. It doesn’t swatch nicely on your fingers but when you apply it HOLY MOLLY! That’s pigmented. The glitters does not translate that much on your cheeks, although I wouldn’t recommend you lovelies to use this for heavy contouring since it’s more on the warmer side, and we don’t want to look like an oompa loompa, don’t we?
The highlighter? The highlighter is one of my favorites. It applies and blends nicely, it’s a really beautiful shade. It does not look like it, but it will definitely take you by surprise.
As mentioned, the eyeshadows, the blush, bronzer and highlighter are very easy to apply and blend. I didn’t experience any fall-outs or difficulties while using the palette. All of the shades are very buildable. The eyeshadows, on bare lids, it lasted on me for approximately four hours, which is usually normal, now that I think of it. When used with a primer, they lasted on me for nearly six hours.
As for the blush, bronzer and highlighter, I used a longwearing foundation to test their longevity properly and the first one that faded was the highlighter, it only lasted on me for nearly two hours. The next was the bronzer and the blush which lasted on me for approximately four hours. Please do take note that while I was testing this product, I was in an air-conditioned room, but even then it was hot, lol.
• Product does not smell anything in particular. If it does, it smelled like card board, which is actually the packaging.
• Contains Talc, Mica & Parabens – a heads up to those who are cautious of such ingredients
• Shade | Chai Tea Latte • Price | PhP 880 ($11.95 @ BH Cosmetics Website)
• Avalability | My Little Vanity; BH Cosmetics Website
All-in-one, mufti-purpose palette
Slim packaging & Travel friendly
Really cute packaging
Has a decent-sized mirror
Already contains 3 products in one
Most of them have a nice pigmentation & good color payoff
Offers neutral shades with pop of colors too
Perfect for Spring/Summer time
Very easy to apply & blend
Not powdery & chalky
No applicator included
Some shades are not as pigmented & barely have any color payoff
Not the creamiest eyeshadow palette
Not available locally
Despite of this palette’s shortcomings, I still like this because it can be very handy when traveling. Also, the colors are very buildable, so it may not give you the amount of intensity you need in just a single swipe, but it’s workable. Plus! Who doesn’t love that packaging?! I’m telling you when I have my new vanity table, I’m going to display this on top of it. I’m actually taking this to the province with me.
Besides, it’s one of the most affordable palettes I’ve ever seen that offers not only a set of eyeshadows but also a blush, bronzer and a super gorgeous highlighter. Oh, and did I mention that packaging?
As mentioned, it is one of the most affordable palettes out there, and this is an all in one palette. Oh and especially now that this palette is on sale! Go grab yourself one! I promise you, you won’t regret it. Oh and the packaging’s cute too.
All in all, despite my con’s about this palette, this palette is still a hit for me. I still love it and will continue to use it. It’s definitely worth the moolah and I urge you to get one for yourself. It’s only $11 and you won’t regret it. I promise. Despite the things I’ve mentioned, there’s always a work-around in all of the flaws that I have mentioned here.
So, how about you, pretties? Do you like this palette? Do you like Heart? What’s your favorite multipurpose palette? Let me know!